How to Use LinkedIn Cover Stories to Boost Your Business
You really want to be using this ALL NEW feature on LinkedIn!
Using it will...
- make you stand out from the crowd
- instantly give you credibility as someone who knows what they're doing.
- help you get your message out to your ideal prospect right off the bat.
Today I'll be showing you this...
Brand Spankin' New LinkedIn Feature That So Few People Know About & How To Use It: LinkedIn Cover Stories
People often think that something is little and really doesn't make much of a difference, so they don't bother putting in the extra effort to learn about it, do it, use it.
As someone whose built a business that gives me the rewards I want...
It's all the little things that add up and make the difference. It's rarely, if ever, one BIG thing.
So, watch the video and read more below to find out about one of those things that I'm doing that's "adding up".
Read on and watch the video below.
Just within the past month or so LinkedIn started rolling out Cover Stories.
What are LinkedIn Cover Stories?
LinkedIn says…”we're excited to announce that we have re-imagined how you can bring your professional story to life on LinkedIn and are introducing tools to help you create a more expressive and inclusive Profile.
This starts with a video Cover Story, a new tool that lets you personalize your first “hello,” so you can engage your audience…
Once you add your Cover Story, an orange ring will appear around your Profile photo, and a preview of your video will auto-play silently within your photo frame (we like to think of it as the “Harry Potter” effect). And, stay tuned for captioning capabilities coming soon.
According to a recent U.S. survey* almost 80% (76%) of hiring managers believe seeing a pre-recorded video of a job seeker would be useful.”
And let’s face it, it’s no different for potential prospects. Video is the fastest way to take your prospects from cold, to warm to hot and ready to buy or join. Video builds the know-like-trust factor faster than any other medium.
How long is a LinkedIn Cover Story?
LinkedIn cover stories can be up to 30 seconds long.
That’s not a lot of time, but it’s enough to stand out from the crowd and let your prospect instantly know what’s in if for them.
How do you create a LinkedIn cover story?
Your cover story can only be created on the LinkedIn mobile app. Just like stories on LinkedIn can only be created on the app.
The good news is, that your cover story will appear on both the app and the desktop version of LinkedIn.
Here’s the step-by-step process for creating your cover story.
STEP 1: Open the LinkedIn app on your phone and click on your profile picture in the very top left corner. This will take you to your profile.
STEP 2: When you’re on your profile, click on your profile picture again. A drop down menu will appear with 3 options. Choose the 2nd option: Create Cover Story.
STEP 3: Your camera will open up. You can tap the record button. A timer will appear in the top right corner so you know exactly how much time you have left.
STEP 4: On the bottom left corner there’s a white box that appears that says “1st degree connections only. Tap that box. I recommend changing it to “All LinkedIn members”.
STEP 5: Tap the right arrow on the bottom right corner. You’ll see a preview of your video. LinkedIn automatically crops the video just to your face. Tap the right arrow again and you’re done!
After the video has processed an orange circle will appear around your profile image.
On the mobile app, a short little muted auto-play is supposed to play in the profile shot area grab your prospect’s attention.
Technical Tips to Creating a GREAT Cover Story
TIP #1: When recording your video hold your phone in portrait mode/vertically.
TIP #2: Use a tripod to record your video. No matter how steady your hand is, it can’t replace a tripod. If you don’t have a tripod, I highly recommend you invest in one. I use mine all the time. Alternatively, at least prop your phone up on a stack of books.
TIP #3: Be sure you’ve got good lighting with no shadows on your face. It’s best if you can record your video in front of a window with you facing the window. Don’t have any windows behind you.
TIP #4: Be sure the lens of the camera on your phone is at eye level or a little above. Always look right into the camera lens, not at yourself in the center of your phone.
What Do You Say In Your Cover Story Video?
Remember the old saying…”they don’t care who you are, until they know how much you care”?
The same rule applies here. They don’t care who you are until they know what’s in it for them.
Here are some examples.
PAIN POINT ENROLLING QUESTIONS:
- Have you been struggling to lose weight without depriving yourself and starving yourself to death? Are you sick and tired of yo-yo dieting?
- Are you a network marketer who is struggling to find prospects and grow your team?
- Are you tired of barely making ends meet and never having enough money to live life on your terms?
- Are you wondering how you’ll ever be able to retire and still have enough money to survive?
DREAM ENROLLING QUESTIONS:
- Would you love to have a source of truly passive income that enables you to live the life you dream of?
- Would you love to be able to retire financially free?
- Would you love to lose weight, feel great and keep it off for good?
- Would you love to have an endless stream of highly qualified prospects coming to you everyday?
Follow your enrolling question with simple introduction of yourself that tells your prospect how you can help them. Remember, it’s all about what’s in it for your prospect. It’s NOT about you.
- I’m Gloria MacDonald and I help people just like you learn how to use the untapped power of LinkedIn to build your business and you’re your team.
- I’m John Robinson and I help ordinary people create a powerful source of truly passive income so they can finally retire financially free.
- I’m Patricia Buchanan. For years I tried every diet under the sun and struggled to lose weight. Now I help people shed those excess pounds with ease and keep it off for good.
Invite your prospect to grab a copy of a free guide you have for them, or book a complimentary call with you.
- Just scroll down to my experience section and grab a copy of my free Cracking the LinkedIn Code guide.
- Check out my experience section to pick up a copy of my free 10 Tips to Financial Freedom.
- You can grab a copy of my free guide, 5 Easy Steps to Shedding Those Pounds for Good, in my experience section.
- Scroll down to my experience section to book a Free Weight Loss for Good Strategy Session with me.
Close with a Promise:
Close by giving your prospect a real sense of hope for the future they can have by connecting with you. Get them dreaming of where they want to be.
- And let’s get you going on the road from where you are right now in your business, over the gap, to where you want to be.
- Message me and I look forward to helping you create a customized plan to get you to your financial goals and dreams.
- Book your call now. I can’t wait to help you lose weight and feel great again! If I can do it, you can too.
And most importantly remember…
Smile!!! Be warm, friendly and natural.
If you found this helpful, grab my FREE Never Fail Video Scripts HERE.
Celebrating Your Success!