My 7-Figure “Goal Setting” Secret
I'm giving up one of my most powerful secrets today.
It's a simple 3-step process.
And I swear it's hugely responsible for my success.
That's why I call it...
The 7 Figure 3-Step Blueprint - My Personal Success Guide
It’s April 1st as I’m writing this. The start of a new quarter.
It doesn’t matter when you’re reading this, TODAY can be the start of a new quarter for you.
If you reflect over the last 3 months how did you do with your business?
Did it grow and move forward the way you wanted it to, or even better?
If you had to give yourself a score of 1 -10 what would you give yourself?
If you’re not where you want to be, what are you going to do differently?
You know that old saying…
“If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. In order to get what you’ve never gotten; you’ve got to do what you’ve never done.”
Watch the video and read on to learn more.
Let’s talk about…
This might shock you, but I’m not a fan of goal setting.
I just about gag anytime someone starts talking about SMART Goals.
I always remember the…
M = Measurable
And T = Timely
But what the heck do the A and R stand for?
I’ve tried tons of different “goal setting systems” and I can’t say that any of them have made any difference at all.
I’d get all excited. I was going to jump in with both feet and this time… really stick with this new system. Because I was sure this new methodology was going to make all the difference in the world.
HA! Never happened.
Until I came up with my insanely simple, yet incredibly powerful 3-Step Blueprint.
I have no idea how I came up with this. I must have gotten some idea from somewhere that sparked something in me.
But I’ve been using this for four or five years now, and it works like an absolute charm.
I honestly believe that this…
7 Figure 3-Step Blueprint - My Personal Success Guide...
Has played a huge part in taking me from nothing to multiple 7-figures in the last four and a half years.
This little system is a “Power Strategic Planner”.
You can download the FREE Planner HERE.
It’s NOT a goal setting system.
When I see most people setting goals what they’re really doing is writing down a bunch of “hope-ium”.
They’ve got their fingers crossed and they’re hoping that somehow, out of thin air they’re going to recruit 10 new team members in the next 60 days because that’s what they need to rank advance or get the special incentive bonus.
Meanwhile, they haven’t recruited anyone in the last 9 months. They don’t have a clue how this new goal is going to magically happen other than that they’re telling themselves they’re going to reach out to all those people on Facebook.
So, let’s be honest with ourselves and let’s scrap the “hope-ium” goal setting.
Instead, what I highly recommend is having a super simple 3X3X3 strategy for your next quarter.
Now as much as I’m not a fan of traditional goal setting, I am a big proponent of writing this down. And I’m talking about “old school” pen and paper writing it down.
The research is very clear that when you type, you’re using a very limited number of neuropathways. However, when you write by hand, you’re using hundreds if not thousands of neuropathways, so you’re literally implanting your strategy in your brain when you’re writing it down.
The 3-Step Success Blueprint
STEP 1: Write down the 3-month timeframe you’re focusing on. (That’s the first 3 in the 3X3X3.)
STEP 2: What 3 things are you going to focus on?
As human beings we can only focus on one thing at a time. There’s no such thing as multi-tasking.
I’ve found that by keeping this simple and to just 3 things over a 3-month period, I stay focused and get way more accomplished.
For clarity, I’m not saying that you’re doing one thing the first month, the second item the next month, and the third thing on your list the final month. You’re just going to determine what 3 significant projects you want to accomplish, or maybe it’s a new system you’re going to implement.
What this is NOT:
- This is not writing down that you’ve going to get 5 new customers. You can’t control how many new customers you get.
- This is not stating that you’re going to get 7 people a week booking on your calendar. You can’t control how many people will book on your calendar.
- This is not setting a goal of recruiting 10 new team members. You can’t control how many people will sign up with you.
- This is not stating that you’re going to make $5,000. You can’t control exactly how much money you’re going to make.
- This is not setting a target of rank advancing or winning the incentive trip. You can’t control that.
All these things depend on actions other people will or won’t take. You can’t control people.
What this IS:
- This is about what you’re going to do to get new customers, team members, a certain amount of money, or wining an incentive bonus.
- This is about the actions you’re going to take.
- The systems you’re going to implement.
- The tasks or projects you’re going to take on or complete.
- What you’re going to create to move your business forward.
Here are some examples of what you might include on your strategic planner.
- Create my first lead magnet/free guide on [fill in the blank].
- Create the landing/opt-in page and follow-up emails for my lead magnet.
- Do the keyword research of my Search Engine Optimized website.
- Write 5 articles for my website content.
- Get the 5 pages of my website up with images.
- Do 3 live videos a week.
- Email my list two times a week.
- Do my LinkedIn 25-M-N-P Strategy 5 days a week.
- Send my calendar link out to at least 5 people a day.
- Launch my new survey or quiz to dramatically increase leads.
- Start my podcast.
- Write a LinkedIn article once a week.
- Create my Pinterest account and start pinning once a day.
- Launch my YouTube channel and do two videos a week.
These are all things you can control.
STEP 3: How are you going to feel?
Write down three things, or ways you’re going to feel after you complete each one of the three things on your list.
Let’s say you launched your podcast. How are you going to feel once it’s launched? Write down the feeling NOW before it’s launched and start “Imagineering” it into life.
You might write down…
Now that my podcast is launched, I feel accomplished, proud of myself, and confident.
Now that I’ve got my website up, I feel excited about the customers rolling in. It feels amazing to have successfully taken on this project. I feel great because I learned so much and really stretched myself out of my comfort zone.
Try out this insanely simple 3-step blueprint and let me know how you do.
Download my FREE 7 Figure 3-Step Blueprint NOW!
Celebrating Your Success!