Recruiting Scripts Made Easy! Recruit More People With These!
I see it happening all the time.
And I used to do it too.
My palms would sweat, my heart would pound, my throat would get dry.
I would stumble and fumble all over the place.
It was painful.
It always happened when I had a prospect on a call and it came time to tell them about my business.
What do I say?
Today I'm going to share with you my...
Easy Recruiting Scripts
There are two phases in this prospecting and recruiting script.
PHASE 1: The 4-Step KYP Process
PHASE 2: The Solution
For the purposes of this, I’m assuming you’re implementing Attraction Marketing methods and you’re talking to someone who’s already in network marketing.
PHASE 1: The 4-Step KYP Process
KYP = Know Your Prospect
Although this 4-step process is about you getting to know your prospect, even more importantly, you’re taking your prospect on an emotional journey of self-discovery.
You start with what is usually an emotional low, then you take them on an emotional high, that back down to an emotional low. This rollercoaster of emotion helps your prospect to identify for themselves that there’s a gap between where they are and where they want to be. They understand that something has to change.
STEP 1. Identify Your Prospect’s Current Situation
Where are they at in their business now?
You want to know the basics of what’s going on in my prospect’s business right now.
I start every conversation with these five simple questions:
- What company are you with?
- How long have you been with your company?
- Approximately how many people have you recruited?
- How many of those people are actively building the business now?
- Approximately how many regular customers do you have?
Your prospect’s answers to these questions will give you a pretty clear understanding of whether or not they’re making any significant amount of money, or whether they’re barely covering their auto-ship each month.
As you’re probably well aware, the majority of network marketers are struggling and making $5000 or less a year from their business.
The good news is this gives you an opportunity to help them with something you have that’s unique.
STEP 2. The Dream
The purpose of this part of the recruiting script is to get your prospect dreaming.
Where does your prospect want to be in their business in the next 6-12 months?
Now that you’ve determined the reality of your prospect’s current situation, it’s time to get them dreaming, and actually feeling the state of having whatever it is they dream of.
The most important part of this step is to get your prospect to connect with their emotions around their dreams.
I can’t recommend strongly enough that you use these exact words:
- “If you could wave a realistic magic wand, where would you love to be in your business in the next six to twelve months?”
Your prospect might respond with a rank they’d like to be at, or the number of people they want to have on their team.
After each response your prospect gives you, ask:
- “How would that make you feel to be at ABC rank? [Or whatever they said in response to your question.]
Ideally you want to pin them down on how much money they’d like to be making in the next six to twelve months. So, your next question would be:
- “When you’re at ABC rank [or you have X people on your team], approximately how much money would you be making?”
You respond with:
- “How would that make you feel to be making $XX?”
You then get your prospect to start dreaming and identifying what they will do with the money they’re making, and how it will change their lives.
Your next question is:
- “How will making $XX change your life? What will you do with that money?”
After they respond with something like one of these things…
- I’ll pay off my credit cards.
- I’ll buy a new car.
- I’ll be able to pay for my kids’ college education.
- We’ll be able to take a vacation.
- We’ll renovate our kitchen.
- We’ll buy a bigger house.
You respond with:
- “And how will that make you feel being able to pay off your credit cards?”
Keep repeating these two questions until your prospect can’t come up with anything else they will do with the money AND you know you’ve hit a deep emotional cord:
- “What else will you do when you’re making $XX?”
- “And how will that make you feel?”
EXPERT TIP: You need to go on the emotional rollercoaster with your client. If you’re trying to take them on an emotional high, you need to sound excited. You need to dream with them.
STEP 3. The Emotional Low
The purpose of this part of the script is to get your prospect to connect emotionally to what’s not working in their life and their business now.
Start by asking:
- “What’s slowing you down, standing in your way or stopping you from being at the place where… [repeat their dreams to them]?”
After they respond ask:
- “What impact is that having on your life/business?”
After they respond ask:
- “And how does that make you feel?”
Keep repeating these three questions over and over until you know you’ve hit a deep emotional cord.
EXPERT TIP: Most people will not take their prospects on a deep enough emotional rollercoaster. With practice you’ll get to the point where you will know when you’ve hit something, and there’s something deeper there that you can get which is the real thing that’s holding your prospect back, or the real dream your prospect has.
STEP 4: The Gap
The purpose of this step is to get your prospect to clearly agree that there’s a gap between where they are now and where they want to be.
- “So clearly there’s a gap between where you are now, and where you’d love to be, right?”
The beauty of this process is that your prospect has to agree with you because they’ve clearly outlined the gap for you in steps one through 3.
Your next two questions are:
- “On a scale of 1 – 10, with 1 being not a priority at all, and 10 being a top priority, how important is it to you to get from where you are right now, over the gap to your where you want to be, to your dreams?”
- “On a scale of 1 – 10 how willing are you to do whatever it takes to get to your dreams?”
Most people will answer both of these questions with a 9 or 10. If they answer anything lower than a 9, I ask them to tell me more.
If your prospect answers anything below a 7 they’re probably not a fit for you and your team and I would politely tell them so and end the conversation.
PHASE 2: The Solution
Now that you’ve helped your prospect very clearly identify the gap between where they are and where they want to be, it’s time to offer them a solution for how they’re going to bridge that gap.
Here’s what you say:
- “I work with people just like you [fill in the blanks according to what they told you]
- who’ve been in Network Marketing for X years
- and have recruited approximately X team members
- and who want to get from where they are to making $XX
- Would you be open to hearing about how I can help you get from where you are, over the gap to where you want to be?”
This is where most network marketers chicken out and ask if they can send a link to a video.
I do not recommend that at this stage because you don’t have a clue yet if they’re actually interested in what you have to offer and if they’ll take the time to watch the video.
You before sending any video links, I want to challenge you to have a short “roll-off-your-tongue” statement about what’s unique about working with you that you can share with your prospect.
You need to identify what you have that other people, specifically your prospect, doesn’t have right now.
This is not about your products and the special marine collagen.
It’s not about the founder of your company and their vision of global prosperity.
It’s not about the scientific team behind your products.
It is about what you have that is going to help your prospect get from where they are to where they want to be.
Here are some examples of what might be unique for you depending on who you’re talking to.
- If you’re speaking to a prospect in a product-based company and you’re in a crypto or forex company that doesn’t have any monthly minimum purchase volumes that’s unique. Or maybe in your crypto or forex company you earn on the money you’ve put in whether or not you ever recruit anyone. That’s unique to a product-based company.
- Maybe you’re in a service company that helps people save money on their bills, or a financial services company that sells insurance or investments and you have retention rates in the 90+ percent range. You don’t have to constantly get customers to re-order. That’s unique.
- Maybe you’ve got a unique system, like my LinkedIn system, where you know you’ve got a steady stream of prospects coming in and prospects booking on your calendar every week without paying for ads. That’s rare, and that’s unique.
Kraft a 3-4 sentence statement about how you and your opportunity can help your prospect get to their dreams.
When you’re giving your prospect the solution to their problem use phrases like:
- Imagine not having to maintain any minimum monthly purchase volume.
- Imagine the freedom of not having to follow with customers for re-orders, or reinstating auto-ships.
- Imagine being paid even if you never recruit anyone, or don’t have any customers.
- Imagine having a system that you can rely on to have a steady stream of prospects coming in and booking on your calendar because they want to talk to you.
- Imagine having another stream of income coming in every week without having to work the business at all.
- Imagine being able to finally get to your dreams.
Only after your prospect is curious to know more, offer to send them a video link.
If you want to experience rejection-free recruiting, and learn the secrets to creating rapport with anyone any time, so you can close more people and build a bigger team much faster you need…
Celebrating Your Success!